Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Increase Internet Speed

Internet Speed by another tricks

go to desktop->My computer-(right click on)->properties->then go HARDWARE tab->Device manager-> now u see a window of Device manager
    then go to Ports->Communication Port(double click on it and Open).
    after open u can see a Communication Port properties.
    go the Port Setting:----
    and now increase ur "Bits per second" to 128000.
    and "Flow control" change 2 Hardware.

apply and see the result

Increase your bandwidth by 20%

Windows uses 20% of your bandwidth! Get it back

A nice little tweak for XP. Microsoft reserve 20% of your available bandwidth for their own purposes (suspect for updates and interrogating your machine etc..)

Here's how to get it back:

Start-->Run-->type "gpedit.msc" without the "

This opens the group policy editor. Then go to:

Local Computer Policy-->Computer Configuration-->Administrative Templates-->Network-->QOS Packet Scheduler-->Limit Reservable Bandwidth

Double click on Limit Reservable bandwidth. It will say it is not configured, but the truth is under the 'Explain' tab :

"By default, the Packet Scheduler limits the system to 20 percent of the bandwidth of a connection, but you can use this setting to override the default."

So the trick is to ENABLE reservable bandwidth, then set it to ZERO. This will allow the system to reserve nothing, rather than the default 20%.

Nice man, I will have to try this and see, cause my internet sucks sometimes.

Comment

I have tryed this befor dont work I gess I did something wrong thank you for sharing

Comment

my upload droped xD and my download droped a lil normally between 35-37mbps and around 7mbps for upload xD now im at 33.3 mb/s and 5.6 mb/s upload

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3206467628
        lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Himura View Post
          my upload droped xD and my download droped a lil normally between 35-37mbps and around 7mbps for upload xD now im at 33.3 mb/s and 5.6 mb/s upload

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3206467628
          lmao

so if it does not help members or the PC it should be removed

Comment

For xp.. read carefully

Comment

Most people do not run XP anymore, as Windows is not supporting it any longer

Comment

Originally posted by Elektra View Post
                Most people do not run XP anymore, as Windows is not supporting it any longer
                i use xp on my old laptoptop xD mainly caus i only run 2gb ram in it xD

Comment

Working...
                X